Hosted by Professor Stuart Phinn (University of Queensland)
Our first Earth Observation Australia whole of community meeting since commencing the implementation of the Australian Earth Observation Community Plan 2026!
There has also been several recent announcements on very large scale national funding and program commitments to building Australia’s EO capacity across government, industry and research. EOA has played a major role in enabling these to happen....
- Welcome and aims for the webinar: Earth Observation for Australia – 2026
- Implementing Australian Earth Observation Community Plan 2026: Priorities, operations for 2018, steering committees and working groups, and engagement opportunities
- Current status and engagement:
- Australia’s Space Agency (Stuart Phinn, University of Queensland)
- Digital Earth Australia - program update (Trent Kershaw, Geoscience Australia)
- Digital Earth Australia - surface reflectance validation update (Tim Malthus, CSIRO)
- Open Data Cube initiatives and Spatial Agenda 2026 (Phil Delany, CRCSi/FrontiersSi)
- Australia - international EO collaborations (Jono Ross, Geoscience Australia)
- National Collaborative Research Infrastructure and EO (Stuart Phinn/Jono Ross)
- EO private industry introduction – FluroSAT (Anastasia Volkova, FluroSAT)
- Next steps and meeting(s)
- Other Business