Time zone (UTC/GMT+10:00) Brisbane AEST
Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Hobart AEST (UTC +10) 11:00am
Adelaide, Darwin ACST (UTC +9:30) 10:30am
Perth AWST (UTC +8) 9:00am
Hosted by Professor Stuart Phinn (University of Queensland)
Welcome to what will be our first Earth Observation Australia whole of community meeting since commencing the implementation of the Australian Earth Observation Community Plan 2026!
There has also been several recent announcements on very large scale national funding and program commitments to building Australia’s EO capacity across government, industry and research. EOA has played a major role in enabling these to happen, and as you will learn in this webinar, this is only the beginning!
Please join the community for our next meeting on 14 June and learn how you can participate and benefit from these activities.
- Welcome and aims for the webinar: Earth Observation for Australia – 2026 and Australia’s Space Agency.
- Implementing Australian Earth Observation Community Plan 2026: Priorities, operations for 2018, steering committees and working groups, and engagement opportunities:
- EOA Steering Committee activities and plans (Stuart Phinn, University of Queensland)
- EOA AEOCP Working Groups (1-5) brief reports (Glenn Campbell, Christoph Rudiger, Arko Lucieer, Edward King, Sylvia Michael).
- Current Status and Engagement:
- Australia’s Space Agency (Stuart Phinn)
- Digital Earth Australia - program update (Trent Kershaw, Geoscience Australia)
- Digital Earth Australia - surface reflectance validation update (Tim Malthus, CSIRO)
- Open Data Cube initiatives (Phil Delaney, CRCSi/FrontiersSi)
- Spatial Agenda 2026 (Phil Delaney, CRCSi/FrontiersSi)
- Australia - international EO collaborations (Jono Ross, Geoscience Australia)
- CSIRO EO activities (Alex Held, CSIRO)
- National Collaborative Research Infrastructure and EO (Stuart Phinn/Jono Ross)
- EO private industry introduction – FluroSAT, (Anastasia Volkova, FluroSAT)
- EO private industry introduction – FireySat
- EO private industry collaborations – SIBA and proposed SmartSAT CRC.
- Next steps and meeting(s)
If you have any items of note to include in the agenda please email details to email@example.com
Join the meeting from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://uqz.zoom.us/j/714186621 (see connectivity details below)
Registration is not required for this webinar
Meeting Connectivity Options
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://uqz.zoom.us/j/714186621
Or iPhone one-tap (Australia Toll): +61280152088, 714186621#
- Dial: +61 2 8015 2088
- Meeting ID: 714 186 621
- International numbers available
Or a H.323/SIP room system:
- Dial: SIP:firstname.lastname@example.org
- or H323:email@example.com (From Cisco)
- or H323:188.8.131.52##714186621 (From Huawei, LifeSize, Polycom)
- or 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 (U.S.)
- Meeting ID: 714186621
Or Skype for Business (Lync):