A group of Australian EO professionals are collaborating on the production of a publication series entitled Earth Observation: Data, Processing and Applications, which is sponsored by the Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information, Geoscience Australia, CSIRO and the Bushfire & Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre. Several sub-volumes in the series can be freely downloaded from: www.crcsi.com.au/earth-observation-series/
Additional examples of EO imagery and EO applications are needed for the remaining sub-volumes in this series, including:
- impressive images spanning a full A4 page to separate sections within each sub-volume (2,500 pixels by 3,500 lines);
- banner images to highlight section headings (at least 2,500 pixels by 1,000 lines);
- example images (either 900 pixels wide for half page width or 1,920 pixels wide for full page width) showing:
- image registration (e.g. two or more different spatial data sources registered to a common base grid, or EO imagery draped over perspective view of landscape, or locating field sites in EO imagery);
- image transformations (e.g. filtering, PCA, various indices—preferably calibrated using ground data);
- image classifications with accuracy assessment; and
- case studies demonstrating EO data being used for specific applications.
If you would like to contribute your images and/or case studies to these publications, or require further information, please contact Barb Harrison (Barb.Harrison@internode.on.net). Full acknowledgement will be given for each contribution.